Friday, May 13, 2011

Ugh. Plotting. Ugh.

Well, I'm trying Marshall's plan for laying out section sheets. In an hour, I got through two. I'm just not very good at it, and just like I feared, I'm suddenly worried that my whole plot is so riddled with disaster that I'll never be able to do anything with it. I keep telling myself that it can't possibly be that bad and that there's a way to make it work. At least I've learned not to pay too much attention to how I feel about things when I'm tired. I'm usually wrong.

On an up note, I've noticed how crucial plotting is, and Marshall's action, reaction pattern really seems to work, at least based on the fact that I'm curious about how things end in his sample plot outlines.

Also, I notice I'm really tired by the end of the day when I sit down to write, and it affects how well I work. I might need to consider taking a nap, getting up early (though when I tried that, the work was actually much worse than it is now), or maybe eating better so I have more energy. Blah.

Today I was: A writer (though I feel like a wannabee).

No comments:

Post a Comment